Music Licensing

Thank you for your interest in using my music in your business.

My music is my soul expression, and I enjoy sharing it with the world.

Please note that your licence to use my music only comes into existence after your payment is complete.

Licences are available for meditation creators, for direct licensing, and synchronisation licensing.

Royalty Free Music for Meditation Creators

Basic Level

$75 (AUD) per track.

What this means:

You may use this music for your personal and commercial use for meditations only. Copyright of the music is held by Anna Papij. You may add additional tracks or video to the music, but not edit Anna Papij’s music track other than volume, fade in/out, and looping. You may use it for your products and services, giving credit to Anna Papij (you can do this in the MP3 ID tags, in the credits roll on video, and on physical and digital product packaging). This licence is not transferable. You may not resell the music or grant anyone else the right to use the music. Any questions regarding copyright and licensing may be directed to Anna (at) AnnaPapij (dot) com. This is a non-exclusive licence and I reserve the right to sell additional licences that allow other people to also use this music. If you breach this agreement, you agree to be held responsible for any loss or damage I may suffer as a result of your breach. This includes but is not limited to financial loss and damage to my reputation. All of my music is licensed “as is.” My total liability under this agreement is limited to the fee that you pay for your licence. You agree to indemnify me against any loss or damage that you may experience from using my music in your products and services.

Anna Papij is located in Melbourne and the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia, apply to this agreement.

DIRECT LICENSING GUIDELINES (Public performance and transmission rights)

1.          Our direct licensing guidelines

  • These are the direct licensing guidelines of Anna Papij (we/us/our). This document contains information about licensing our sound recordings and music videos. It sets out the procedure to be followed when you are making an enquiry about direct licensing for public performance or transmission.
  • An alternative to licensing the sound recording or music video directly from us is to obtain a blanket licence from the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA). If you obtain the PPCA blanket licence then you will not require a licence from us because the blanket licence gives you permission, within the terms of the licence, to play any recording from the PPCA catalogue which covers over 5,000 recording labels including our sound recordings and music videos. Go to or call PPCA on (02) 8569 1111 to find out more.

2.          Types of licences offered for sound recordings and music videos

  • We provide non-exclusive licences. This means we can offer the same licences to other people. For example, if we licence your restaurant to play our sound recordings and/or music videos, we can also licence any other businesses (including other restaurants) that wish to play our sound recordings and/or music videos.
  • We offer licences for the following purposes:
    • transmission licences for our sound recordings and music videos. You will need a transmission licence if you intend to communicate the sound recording or music video to the public, for example by way of radio, television or the internet;
    • public performance licences for our sound recordings and music videos. You will need a public performance licence if you intend to play the sound recording or music video in public, for example by playing a CD at your business premises;
    • synchronisation licences for film, television, online video, gaming, mobile applications, and other multimedia projects, on a case by case basis. You will need to contact Anna Papij (here) directly to negotiate terms and conditions.
  • These licences are separate from any licence required in respect of the underlying copyright in the music and lyrics on the sound recording or music video. Unless the underlying musical works are no longer protected by copyright, you will also need to obtain permission to use the underlying musical works (including any lyrics). Permission to use musical works can be sought from the Australasian Performing Rights Association (APRA) and the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS). These two organisations operate from the same office and have responsibility for different types of licensing. See or call 1300 852 388.

3.          What is the process for direct licensing?

  • To enquire about directly licensing any of our sound recordings or music videos, please contact Anna Papij via contact form here:
  • We require the following information:
    • your business name;
    • your ABN;
    • your contact details;
    • a brief description of your business (eg café, gym, radio station, film festival);
    • an accurate estimation, to the best of your ability and in good faith, of the number of customers per month attending your business (for radio and television stations, we require an estimate of your audience numbers. For one-off events please estimate the number of people you anticipate will attend);
    • the title of each sound recording and/or music video you wish to use (if you wish to use the entire album please indicate this);
    • a brief description of how you will be using the sound recording and/or music video (please keep the description under 200 words);
    • how long you require the licence (for example, is it for a one-off event or do you require it for a longer period, such as 12 months?).
  • Once you have provided us with this information we will get in touch with you to discuss whether a direct licence is likely to be appropriate in the circumstances.
  • After speaking with you, we may require additional information. Once you have provided us with any additional information we require we will provide you with a quote for the licence fee. Our licence fee includes the cost of preparing the licence agreement. Licence fees vary depending on the type of use you are making of the sound recording or music video. Please note that we do not provide any licences free of charge
  • If you accept our licence fee you must notify us in writing of your acceptance. We will then prepare the licence, which sets out the terms and conditions under which we grant you the licence.
  • We grant licences for the following periods:
    • one-off events
    • 6 months
    • 12 months
  • Once you have paid the licence fee and have signed the licence agreement you are able to use the sound recording and/or music video in accordance with the terms and conditions of the licence. Don’t forget to contact APRA and AMCOS to see if you also require a licence from them for the use of the musical works and lyrics. See or call APRA and AMCOS on 1300 852 388 to find out more.